About SAP Business One
SAP Business One Cloud
ERP vs Accounting
Value for Customers
About SAP Business One
SAP Business One is an affordable, easy-to-use business management solution designed specifically for growing small and medium businesses and subsidiaries.
From financials and accounting to inventory and customer relationship management (CRM), SAP Business One integrates your critical areas to provide clear visibility into your entire business. By capturing data in a centralized location, you can access vital real-time information to make fast, informed decisions.
SAP Business One is a scalable, proven solution available on-premises and in the cloud powered by Amazon Web Services (AWS). SAP Business One transforms your business by leveraging information to maximize efficiency, reach new customers, and drive profitable growth.
Business One Success Stories
Success doesn’t happen by accident.
Vision33 customers succeed because we carefully match their needs with the right software and the perfect mix of implementation services, training, and customizations. We have thousands of customer successes in numerous industries, including manufacturing, distribution, food production and distribution, life sciences, and more.
SAP Business One Cloud
SAP Business One Cloud powered by Amazon Web Services (AWS) is an affordable, integrated ERP solution that scales as your business grows so you can run in real-time and drive profit. From financials and sales to inventory and production, SAP Business One Cloud gives you real-time data from every critical area of your business, allowing you to make smarter business decisions anywhere, anytime.
With SAP Business One Cloud, your valuable information is protected, so you can spend more time running your business and less time worrying about security.
SAP Business One Cloud is available in single-tenant and multi-tenant environments. The multi-tenant environment (MTE) is more affordable, as multiple companies carry the cost of infrastructure.
ERP vs Accounting
As the size, complexity, and pace of your business grow, frustrations multiply. The accounting system you relied on to manage finances and operations is now a barrier to growth and efficiency—and in a highly competitive business climate, you can’t afford spiraling overhead costs, functional limitations, and unnecessary risks.
A great accounting software package will tell you where your business has been. A great ERP software solution will guide you where you’re going.Learn more about ERP versus Accounting.
SAP Business One: Key Features
- Financial management – Improve margins, reduce errors, and drive more profitable decision-making.
- Accounting – Automate fundamental accounting processes.
- Controlling – Manage cash flow, track fixed assets, control budgets, and monitor project costs.
- Fixed-asset management – Track and manage physical assets and equipment.
- Banking and reconciliation – Process reconciliations, bank statements, and payments.
- Financial reporting and analysis – Create standard or customized reports from real-time data.
- Sales and customer management – Oversee the entire sales process and customer lifecycle.
Sales and Service
- Sales and opportunity management – Track sales opportunities and lead activities throughout the sales cycle.
- Marketing campaign management – Create, manage, and analyze marketing activities.
- Customer management – Store all customer data in one place by synchronizing and managing customer contacts in Microsoft Outlook.
- Service management – Manage warranty contracts and service agreements.
- Mobile sales – Empower your sales organization to manage information on the move.
Reporting & Real-time Analysis
- Reporting – Generate integrated reports with real-time data.
- Business intelligence – Create timely and accurate reports based on company-wide data.
- Interactive analysis – Integrate SAP Business One with standard Microsoft Excel functionalities.
- Drag and relate – Drill down into data and use search assistance and workflow-based alerts.
- Dashboards and reports – Design intuitive, interactive dashboards and reports.
- Real-time analytics – Access information faster and evaluate it with powerful analytics.
Report and Analytics
- Purchasing and inventory control – Optimize purchasing practices and control costs.
- Procurement – Streamline procurement processes.
- Warehouse – Synchronize goods receipts and inventory levels in real-time.
SAP B1 Portals
The Employee Portal puts your employees in the driver’s seat with a real-time, web-based solution that’s seamlessly integrated with SAP Business One. The portal offers the flexibility and tools to do the work where and when they need to.
- Access real-time, on-demand data
- Publish reports in seconds, not minutes
- View and modify reports
- Customize reports
- Save customized report formats
- Increase sales and stay connected anywhere with Sales User add-on
- Submit employee expense reports with Expense User add-on
The Customer Portal gives customers a secure, flexible, and personalized self-service gateway where they can retrieve and interact with information in a standard web browser.
- Use self-service
- Get secure access
- Make online payments
- Manage orders with Order Pad add-on
- Create an online B2B shopping cart experience with add-on
Want a Demo?
Want to see Vision33’s Portals in action? Quickly access an online demo for each of Vision33’s Portal solutions and see what they can do for your business.
ERP Integration Solutions
Use Vision33’s integration solutions to enable integration between existing applications and SAP Business One.
The Saltbox Platform enables application-to-application workflows and integration to ensure transactions and data flow seamlessly between your critical applications. The options for connectivity are endless: standard Saltbox connections for common business applications and customized endpoint connections for almost every other application. And there’s no need to abandon your current solutions—you can use Saltbox to connect them with SAP Business One and each other.
Value for Customers
SAP Business One is easy to use and extremely powerful. Although each of your employees has a different job, they must work as a team to serve your customers. And because each employee relies on information others have created or reported, everyone needs access to accurate, up-to-date data.
Your accounting team must keep the wheels of commerce turning with money flowing in and out and being reported on correctly. Your executive team needs real-time information for planning. Your sales team must know how much inventory is in stock and when inventory orders will be filled. Your purchasing manager must be able to forecast demand.
As you search for business software, evaluate products that offer both the features you need now and the ones you’ll need as you grow. SAP Business One offers the right functionality at the right price.
Vision33 has hundreds of customers in manufacturing and distribution. Within those sectors, we have expertise in food, hard goods, and medical/life sciences products. But no enterprise resource planning (ERP) can do everything for every business, so integrating with other software is imperative. SAP Business One is flexible and easy to integrate with.
SAP released the initial software development kit (SDK) for SAP Business One in 2004 and expands the integration points with every new product release while also making the integration tools easier to use.
Vision33 extended the SAP Business One’s integration capabilities with The Saltbox Platform in 2019. We partner with the leading SAP Business One industry solutions providers for:
Using SAP Business One as the standard for subsidiary operations allows a larger enterprise to manage all its locations with one system.
Expanding internationally carries a high cost of maintaining non-integrated solutions. By using SAP Business One as part of a multi-tier software strategy, large enterprises running SAP ERP Central Component (ECC) can easily and quickly integrate their subsidiaries. As businesses roll out new offices and operations worldwide, SAP Business One provides corporate standardization and control to get new offices running while integrating with their larger SAP ERP system for one consistent worldwide platform.
SAP Business One was the first application SAP deployed on the HANA in-memory platform.
This in-memory computing platform for SAP Business One supercharges the application’s speed and allows you to analyze massive amounts of data in real-time. SAP Business One powered by SAP HANA eliminates layers of complexities and unnecessary business costs found in legacy IT architecture so your business can run smarter, faster, and simpler.
SAP Business One is powerful software for growing your business. But to be effective, you must deploy it correctly and train your team to use it. Vision33’s certified, trained team is positioned worldwide and prepared to help our customers get the most from their software investment.
Our services include:
SAP was founded in 1972 by five German engineers who worked for IBM in Mannheim, Germany. The name SAP came from the abbreviation for System analyse und Programmenentwicklung (“systems analysis and program development” in German).
SAP initially struggled to sell the concept of an integrated software product that could be customized to run all a company’s processes. But by the 1990s, SAP was the software applications vendor of choice for nine of the ten largest U.S. corporations, one-third of the Fortune 500, seven of the ten largest Business Week Global 1000, and 80% of the Fortune 100 companies in software, computers, peripherals, and semiconductors.
In 2001, SAP made the acquisition that marked its entry into the small business space. It purchased TopTier Software, an Israeli company specializing in portals, and its sister company TopManage, which developed small business software.
TopManage was rebranded SAP Business One and introduced to the U.S. market in 2003. Since then, SAP Business One has undergone eleven significant new version releases.